Saturday, August 6, 2011

TGIF celebration with Sangria

Fridays is my favorite day of the week, no surprise I believe. And my favorite thing to do on a Friday night is to have some good food, good wine and good company. This is exactly what I did last night. We met with some good friends and had dinner at Cascal Restaurant at Castro Street in Mountain View. I had passed by this place several times and was always curious to try out the food but never had a chance before. I had actually missed out a lot so far. This turned out to be one of my favorite tapas places, even better than the ones I have been in San Francisco.

As a tapas tradition we first ordered one pitcher of red sangria which was later on followed by another pitcher of sparkling sangria. I could not quite decide which one I liked better so I would recommend both.
We ordered fried calamari, ahi tuna, asparagus salad, cheese fondue, shrimp, cheese and mushroom espenadas. The feast was finalized with a tres laches and chocolate suffle. Nothing we tried was dissapointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment